See short video of Ellen Laughing with the Friday morning laughter club
LAUGHTER YOGA IS:
A Stress Buster
Long Deep Laughing from the belly releases hormones
like epinephrine and cortisol
· Extended Laughter strengthens the immune system
· Laughter is anti-aging - It tones facial muscles
· Hearty Laughter is aerobic exercise - more oxygen is taken in to the brain and all the cells of the body.
· Laughter is internal jogging - diaphragm, abs, muscle tone
· Laughter is a natural pain killer (emotional and physical) increasing the levels of endorphins
· Laughter can help dump depression, anxiety, stress, improve mood and sleep
• Helps us to Better Breathing & lung capacity
Laughter Yoga a mild cardio program using laughter “for no reason” (non-humor based) as an exercise with mime-like fun movement, yoga breathing from diaphragm, childlike playfulness and eye contact producing authentic, contagious laughter. Sessions normally end with relaxation and free form laughter or guided relaxation.
LEARN MORE AND REVIEW THE RESEARCH
A complete listing of the benefits we get and the research supporting this fun and unique practice is available at these links and lots of information on the founder's website www.LaughterYoga.org
Rather than re-post all the information here we encourage you to just explore the official website of
Dr. Kataria and LAUGHTER YOGA International.
There is a goldmine of information and video posted and frequently updated.
LAUGHTER AND CHOCOLATE EVENT at Laugh Fest of the Midwest
This opens as an attached download in Microsoft Word.
Link to the Benefits of Laughter Yoga article here.
Link to the Research done supporting Laughter Yoga here.